AUS - Tasmania Police
Tasmania Police: Project Unify
With ageing technical infrastructure, disjointed and incomplete information, and data spanning multiple non‑integrated systems, Tasmania Police requested the assistance of partner organisations to implement a modern police records system.
Some of the key requirements were:
- Replacement of 1980’s legacy systems with a contemporary, integrated system
- Enhanced search capabilities for front‑line officers
- Reduced reliance on locally managed technical infrastructure
- Ability to implement solution progressively, and easily scale‑up functionality over multiple releases
- Increased data security
- Cleansing of existing data records
- Improved data exchange with national systems
Solution bdna was engaged by Tasmania Police to ensure a smooth and successful implementation of the NicheRMS™ solution.
By forming a collaborative partnership with Tasmania Police and the application vendor, Niche Technology, we established a highly effective ‘One Team’ approach between all project partners. The NicheRMS™ solution and a new ‘Compass’ integrated search capability were configured, integrated, tested and implemented on time and on budget without significant operational inconvenience or risk to the public or workforce.
DOWNLOAD THIS ARTICLE